As there are many resources out there for moving and migrating a website from one web server to another, this quick tutorial explains one method (out of many) that can be used to move a website over.
This is not too technical and involved the use of the duplicator plugin.
How to migrate your WordPress website with Duplicator
- Install the Duplicator plugin on the website that you wish to move over.
- Once installed, under ‘Packages’, create a new package
- When done, you’ll have 2 files to download to your computer: .zip archive of website and an installer.php file.
- Upload the files to your new web server, placing them in the ‘public_html’ folder or the folder used to serve out to your website.
- Create a new database along with a username and password – you will need this information when you run the installer.
- Once uploaded, go to your new website address and run the installer.php file from a web browser.